Sunday, February 11, 2018

Missed

Michael and I both had a Saturday where nothing went right. It all turned out with no damage or injury but still. He had to change the coil packs and spark plugs in his car. No problem. He bought everything, let the car cool down then installed all the new parts before jumping in to do the test drive. It was sputtering. Nuts. He cooled it down and tired again. Nope. Sputtering.

He paced and thought. He decided to cool the engine down again, take everything out and try again. After it was cooled, he noticed that about three of the do-hickies were not pressed in all the way. Started it up and bingo. He headed home.

I love when he does this sort of things and saves us hundreds of dollars.

Me? I was going to meet Dave and his wife at a place on our Main Street around noon. They texted that they would be there and invited anyone to join them. I wanted to see his poor knee that he destroyed while rescuing a student. He just learned that he needed an entire knee replacement. Yikes! So, I ran into town to buy a few needed things at Safeway, fought tourist traffic back home then drove into town to meet them about 11:45.

Noon.

I was alone listening to a guy with a guitar singing one of his songs about a hot tube in his garage. It was brutal. The clouds rolled in and it suddenly was very cool and I was cold, even sitting in the sun. I was also really hungry but the line for sandwiches was out the door. Dave kept sending updates and noted that they had another errand to run before driving over the pass.

Probably another hour or more of waiting, I was freezing and the guy was now singing about paint drying. I got up, walked half a block and had the most delicious lamb shawarma while watching the tourists walk by my window.  

Another update from Dave. They were going to buy his wife a new dress as she has been so wonderful after his accident. I figured maybe another hour for that to happen. So, after lunch I headed home in brutal tourist traffic.

Thirty minutes later, they had arrived. I didn't go back to town.

Such a weird day. I did get some bills paid and made a fantastic dinner of fresh salmon, tiny green beans and a rare baked potato for Michael.

All is well. We are heading into the world today, will enjoy a quick lunch somewhere then do the grocery shopping for the week. Together.

No comments: