Monday, February 26, 2018

Facing Decisions This Week

I have to face the big question again this week: What can be done with my Nissan fundoplication surgery site? It needs to be re-done and, as you may remember, the fatality rate for such a surgery is rather high.

On Thursday, the head of the Lung Transplant Clinic is meeting with me to discuss options as well as the problems having the surgery re-done. Should I have it done sooner rather than later after my general health degrades? Can I still qualify for transplants without any surgery but only taking medication that doesn't really work 100%? Can she suggest other options? I am seeking her recommendations.

Until then, it is going to be a very busy week. Today, it is pouring rain and I will be with mom for the day. She wants to go to JC Penney. A mall. An inside mall. Probably a good idea.

We have been tweaking May's road trip itinerary and we have decided, as of this morning, not to end it with a visit to Las Vegas. In the middle of the night, I woke up with it on my brain backed up by my gut saying not to go. Instead, we will drive from my brother's house to Kingman, AZ and probably eat at the closest Cracker Barrel Restaurant to us here in California. We like to eat at one Waffle House and one Cracker Barrel on each trip. Just one each as they serve way too much food! From Kingman, it is a full day's drive home.

I never look forward to coming home after a long road trip. Back to life. Doctor appointments, piles of mail, bills to be paid, laundry, food shopping, yard work...I would rather be on the road!

No comments: