Sunday, February 25, 2018

The Plan is Working

Again, the goal was just an hour working in the gardens to help to bring my stamina back to its normal levels after battling the flu and pneumonia. Jut an hour a couple of times a week. Yesterday, I attacked a large strip of land between our driveway and Ron's driveway.

Weeds. Plants that were volunteers and were taking over. Both must go.

Working with a three-prong claw on a long pole, I went at it all and after two hours, I was not finished but I felt like I was done. But, there was this last patch right at the top of the strip boarding Ron's property. It was really filled with weeds. I decided to try to attack it before giving up. Another half hour passed, I looked around at my finished work and went in for lunch.

I was stiff and sore but I felt fantastic.

Throughout the entire day, I never stopped. So much was addressed and completed inside. Totally energized. Finally, I stopped around 7PM to watch some TV and I fell right asleep.

This morning, I am a bit sore but still feel great. Food shopping is on the list of things to-do today and I might even need a bit of a nap but then again, maybe not!

All this good news could not be coming at a better time. I have to face three medical appointments this week. Back to back. Stir in rehab class plus an Irish Fiddling gig on Friday night and it is going to be a busy week.

No comments: