Tuesday, July 13, 2010

BOOM











Boy, it hit me like a ton of bricks. On Wednesday, I was reading my morning blogs, had a gluten free waffle with a tablespoon of peanut butter for breakfast and it quickly went down hill from there. I was suddenly nauseated. As you may remember, dear reader, I cannot vomit and have pills to control nausea. I quickly took the pill. It didn’t work well and the reason became clear as I noticed that it was past its expiration date.

I couldn’t look at food on TV, in a magazine or even think about it. I was green.

One of the drugs I take is a chemotherapy drug, which I have taken for almost three years. The effects are as wild as the disease. Thrush! Shingles! Sometimes I loose handsful of hair and other times, I have no effects from the drug at all. Sometimes I get nauseated. Could I be feeling ill because of that drug?

Kathy from the rehab class and I had a lunch planned so I had to cancel. We chatted on the phone for over an hour while I was poised delicately on the couch trying not to moan. We have so much in common that I am sure it will be a great friendship.

I woke up Thursday feeling better. I had some toast for breakfast and looked forward to soup for lunch. Simple foods. Little food. I tried going to rehab but they threw me out. I didn’t look good. I didn’t feel good.

Later Thursday, I realized that I actually had a UTI because of a low fever and chills. I also had the urgent need to void without much results. Classic symptoms. I have only had two of them and apparently they are very common in post-menopausal women. The first one landed me in the emergency room as it visited my kidneys.

Friday found me in the office of my local doctor who ordered some drugs so I hope to be on the mend soon. Since yesterday, most of the symptoms have lessened but I am still so tired of not feeling well. Maybe this has been brewing for a while and is one of the reasons I have not recovered from all the activities in May.

Let’s hope so.

PS Mark, who was mentioned in yesterday’s blog, got a call from the doctors yesterday. After reviewing all the tests about the tenderness in his pelvis from the accident, they discovered he has cancer. The accident may end up being a huge gift in disguise.

No comments: