Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Day in the Sun?











It’s summer. It’s not my favorite season. In fact, I almost get a little down every year. On the plus side, living on the coast provides a very temperate climate. It is rarely over 75 degrees in the summer. When that happens, within three days the cool natural fog comes sneaking through the Golden Gate.

I never have the appropriate clothing for summer. I love the wools and jackets of the other seasons. A couple years ago, I met a friend for lunch in Palo Alto. It was hot. She arrived in the most beautiful mid-calf peasant cotton skirt with flat sandals, a light t-shirt with a bright cotton scarf around her neck. She looked so naturally beautiful and comfortable in her own skin, simple but so put together. I could never pull that off.

Summer = heat. Heat = difficulty breathing.

When I was first diagnosed, we thought we would have to move to Arizona or a warm climate. Since it is an ILD, cool weather climate is recommended. Even in the winter, we sleep with the bedroom door cracked opened. Thank goodness Michael also enjoys a cool house.

Welcome to summer but I so look forward to the cool fall that is sure to follow.

No comments: