Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Blogging Topics

Barbara’s mother has written many stories about her childhood, her memories of the grandchildren when they were younger and many life lessons she has learned along the way. They were bound in a binder along with photos and were given to her children. Barbara shared it with me. It was interesting and fun to read.

I have been nudging Barbara to do something similar for her children and yet-to-be-born grandchildren. Last week, she ran across a book full of topics to write about for future generations to enjoy. She sent the list along to me as possible topics for this blog.

I was so happy to discover, when reviewing the list, that I had already written about almost all the topics. I did miss a few, which I will address in the next few blogs: favorite teams, hangouts, first boyfriend, childhood friends, cussing, childhood illnesses, sneaky events.

Consider writing about your life for your future generations. Your life. In your words. From your perspective. Your voice.

Do it sooner rather than later.

No comments: