Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Day At Home

We had such a beautiful day here on the coast. It was 70 degrees, quite warm for this area. I didn’t want to go over the mountain pass as it was REALLY hot on the other side plus the traffic would be horrible coming home.

I opened up all the windows in the house and stayed home.  I even worked in the garage to rearrange an area and cleaned it all up.

Then, I texted Natalie to see if she, Winnie and Oliver wanted to come for lunch. I have been teaching Winnie how to cook and the next recipe on our list was pizza made with English muffins. They arrived just after noon, Winnie put the pizzas together and we popped them in the oven. They were a success! Even Oliver ate part of one!

Afterwards, I gave Winnie the hose in the backyard and pointed her towards the plants and flowers. It kept her very happy and very wet for an hour.

Oliver, on the other hand, was a little unhappy with grass. He didn’t know what to do with it, besides trying to eat it. He saw me move the hose around for his sister so he also tried. Too heavy!

At 3:00 they were heading home when Michael suddenly arrived. He really has not been feeling well with what I think is a virus. Coughing and mild fever. The fever broke yesterday morning but the cough is still with us.

We sat under the shade of the umbrella in the back yard and just enjoyed the sky, birds singing and chasing each other, trails from airplanes and the silence. I think he even drifted off.

We were both in bed and asleep by 8:30!

No comments: