Friday, June 10, 2011

Liquid Diet Update - Halfway

I hate all the liquid/protein bar diet food. It is getting really old and there is a constant struggle not to gag at each meal. I find myself dreaming about food and scanning food blogs and watching food programs on TV.

I am obsessed.

As of yesterday, I am at the halfway mark. Only six more weeks to go. Forty-two days, but who’s counting?!

Now the good news – I have lost almost 20 pounds the past six weeks. When added to the 25 pounds I had lost from December to April, that brings the grand total to an impressive 43 pounds. I hope to lose another 15-20 pounds during the final six weeks.

When transitioning to real food, I will be adding just one meal a day of food to my diet for the first two weeks. I am going back to my low-carb food diet. It sounds glorious.

My guess is that it will begin with soft very lowfat food to allow my body to begin to process food again. Fish and cooked vegetables. Eggs. That sort of thing. 

During the following two weeks, another real food meal will be added to my low-carb diet. After that, the third and final meal will be added. That means an additional month of having to eat the horrible liquid/protein bar diet. What joy! (written with a dose of sarcasm!)

Then, for the next several months, we will be adding limited and specific carbs back into my diet to see if I can now process them properly. Hopefully, I can eat some fruit or bread or grains or yogurt once in awhile without gaining weight. Wouldn't that be lovely?

I hope to stabilize about 5 pounds above the minimum BMI of 25 for lung transplants. That is the whole reason for this entire diet. For now, the end is in sight!

No comments: