Saturday, June 14, 2014

Party Time

Morning sun! A rarity of late. Perfect for my new little plants trying to establish their roots in the garden. My mom joined the rest of the world when she bought a cell Track Phone a couple of weeks ago, though she thought she really wouldn't use it. She bought a card of 90 minutes, which would have expired in 90 days for $20.00. The phone was $30.00. Not a big investment and no monthly fees.

Well, she has discovered texting. My sister, brother and I love to text her throughout the day and she just loves it. She feels connected. She was running low on minutes when I arrived yesterday so we ran to Best Buy and she is now good for almost 200 minutes. She was so very happy.

But, we had no time to squander. I had bought two "freakishly large shrimp" and a gorgeous rib eye steak at the butcher's in anticipation of our Father's Day BBQ so I needed to get the frozen shrimp into my freezer as soon as possible. I had them in an insulated bad with ice in the trunk but...I was nervous. They were $5.00 each. Yes, you read that correctly. They are huge and taste like lobster. So, after Best Buy we headed over the pass to Starbucks. Well, we just had to stop at Starbucks as mom has a true addiction to their Chai (tall, non-fat with sprinkles). Finally home, the shrimp found their home into the freezer and we took a tour of the garden with its new plants.

Ron and Susan are due home from Hawaii today. I took mom next door to see their garden and to pick some strawberries and raspberries for her to take home. She was like a little kid. She had to look at all their plants and was so happy to taste the fruit right off the vines. Quickly, we ran into town to get our toe nails done then we had a great lunch of fish tacos before driving back over the pass to take her home.

A long, hurried day. I came home, watered the new plants then cooked my breakfast for today (red cabbage, pancetta and goat cheese) and dinner last night (Cincinnati Chili). It was a very long, full day.

Today is going to be just as crazy. I need to make the pasta salad to bring to Melanie's high school graduation party this afternoon then make a quick run to the bank and Peet's coffee. The grass needs to be cut, my hair needs to be washed but all will be done in time to enjoy a party to celebrate one fantastic college-bound young woman.

No comments: