Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Yoga and Sunshine

I peeked ahead at my calendar and I began to shake! I am really back into life after the road trip. It is crazy.

But, today is one of very few simple, nice days. I am going to enjoy it. The fog is beginning to break up and there is some hope of sunshine soon. Within the hour, our neighbors Ron and Susan leave for Hawaii in search of sunshine. I am super jealous! My former yoga teacher is focusing on her new career as a massage therapist so there has been no Wednesday morning classes until recently. Karrie is now teaching a class that begins with warm ups and sun salutations then turns to poses that are held and held and held. That is going to be a challenge for me. I am going to be exhausted and hurting after the 90-minute class this morning. Three hours later, I will be sitting in the dentist chair having my teeth cleaned. Between those two activities, my money is on a nap after crawling home from yoga. Later, I need to cook dinner and pick up the house for the housekeepers tomorrow. And that, dear Reader, is a quiet day!!

The ILD Support Group announced that next Tuesday's speaker will discuss the new anti-fibrotic drugs that were announced during the recent American Thoracic Society international conference. Dr. Paul Wolters will tell us what the experts are saying about pirfenidone and nintedanib. I will take lots of notes and report back. As an example of my crazy schedule ahead, before this meeting I will have a full run of Pulmonary Function Tests and a High Resolution CT Scan. And lunch.

Sherman told me yesterday that it was better to be busy rather than being bored. Yup, I agree but sometimes I need a few days of down time!

No comments: