Saturday, December 4, 2010

Flu in the House

It happened. The horrible flu has paid us a visit. I was still not recovered from my pneumonia when Michael came home from work on Monday complaining that his body was aching. He thought he had just moved wrong – old age thing – and he had pulled some muscles. On my suggestion, he headed to the shower, took some Aleve then jumped into bed.

Tuesday, he went to work. That evening when I gave him a hug and a kiss hello, I could feel the heat radiating off of him. Fever! Here we go!

It was 101.6. It stayed there for three days. He is the type of man who wants to be left alone in his misery. I stayed on my schedule of a dentist appointment, an ILD luncheon and errands. I think he liked being alone for a few hours!

On Friday, the cough had become the huge issue. It sounded awful. We called the advice doctor who told us he is right on track and that the cough is the worst of it.

We have cancelled all of our weekend plans of a crab cioppino feast last night and our book club tonight. 'Tis the season of cancellations!

I have been offering him soups and liquids and have sleeping on the couch all week. We’ll see if my flu vaccine really works. When he was on the phone talking to his boss, he mentioned that maybe he really should have had a flu shot. Believe me, I will remind him of that next year!

No comments: