Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Crazy Dreams and Drive

I have been sleeping really well. The dreams, though, have been just a bit crazy. Last night, I dreamt that I was washing the screen of my laptop under running water and was shocked, just shocked, that it got into the keyboard and ruin the computer.

Also, I feel like I have spent most of the night shopping for shoes. Boxes and boxes of shoes. Searching and searching for brown ones. All were wrong. Nothing fit. Nothing was right.

What does this all mean? I need a life! I mean, I have had fabulous dreams of flying and being shown cities. Or being with my dad. Or of William as a little kid. Shoes?!?

Yesterday at the spur of the moment, I had to drive the new car over the hill to the mechanic where Michael met me to arrange to have the timing belt changed. I guess while they have to pull the whole front end of the engine, they are also replacing the water pump, hoses, tensioners for the belt and other stuff. We should get it back before the weekend. This all happened after I had already been over the hill to rehab and a huge Target run. Made it home for a bit of lunch then had to take off to meet Michael. It was only 12:30.

Michael's mom and brother Matt are driving from Las Vegas to spend Thanksgiving at his sister Anna's house in Riverside County (LA area) along with the twin and his lovely wife. We thought we would send a package full of goodies.

So, instead of going home after the mechanic's place, we drove south on Highway 1 to our favorite delicious dive. There, we bought a jar of ollallieberry syrup, ollallieberry jam and strawberry jam. Anna loves some French milled soap that I have only been able to find at this little store (and Post Office!) in the middle of nowhere. So, we stopped there on the way back up along the coast followed by a stop at our favorite coffee shop in town - Peet's. We bought a pound of Holiday Blend for Mary and a half pound of decaf for the after Thanksgiving dinner coffee for everyone else. Tomorrow, I am going to buy two pounds of See's Candy to also be included into the box then ship it all Thursday.

I must say that it was so nice to pick up all these goodies together. It felt like we were playing hooky. No one was on the road. No tourists. It was a relaxing ride though we missed the new convertible. It, too was playing hooky. We hope it comes home soon.

No comments: