Friday, November 4, 2011

Thermostat Issues

I have always run hot. Sweaty. Even as a child, my sister and I would fly into the house after running around all day and my sister would look dirty but normal but I would be drenched in sweat. Through the years, I have learned to never adjust a heater or fan because the majority of the people in the room were always cooler then what I was feeling. My thermostat was off kilter.

But since the diet, I am now really feeling the cold weather. For the first time, I am wearing sweaters under jackets and even considering buying a heavy wool coat for the winter. I haven't had one in decades. Never needed it.

I think my body's furnace is burning energy more efficiently. I have also noticed that I have been able to keep the weight off rather easily. That has been so unexpected. I thought that keeping it off would be the real challenge.

Though my internal furnace is working so much better, the house furnace fan decided to take a vacation. We tried to turn the furnace on this morning for the first time this season and nothing. No fan. Funny how things break down in a series of three - Wednesday was my car and today is the furnace. What will tomorrow bring?

No comments: