Sunday, November 20, 2011

Just a Sunday Looking at Monday

It poured last night. It is wet and cold this morning. The heater is working - thank goodness - and the coffee is fresh, hot and strong. The 49ers are playing today. But, we have a bit of errands to do this morning.

Michael got the new car back from the mechanic yesterday where it now sits in our driveway. We have to shuttle the BMW from his work back to the house today. As an added bonus as long as I am over the hill, rehab calls to me. I must go. Only then, I will feel ready to watch the game.

Dinner is already made - leftovers from last night. Chicken Pizza. Not what it sound like. Diagonally sliced raw chicken breast on a cookie sheet topped with spices, a bit of pizza sauce topped with a bit of pepperoni, sliced mushrooms and sliced green pepper. Roasted for 25 minutes then topped with low-fat mozzarella cheese and cooked a few more minutes. Dinner. Michael had a salad with his. I may have some green beans with it tonight.

I am always a bit nervous when I have to drive into the city to the other university hospital campus so far away. The liver sonogram is tomorrow morning at 8:00AM. No food or water beforehand. It often takes 90-minutes to get there so I will have to leave at 6:00AM. Pre-dawn. Hungry. No coffee. After the scan, I have to have my last fasting blood test for the liver clinic in anticipation of the December 1st appointment. Afterwards, I am going to eat a quick cheese stick and head to the other rehab to work out.

But today, I will enjoy my Sunday looking ahead to Monday.

No comments: