Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunrise Thoughts

Full disclosure - not this morning's exact sunrise but looked very much like this.
Right now: Pink sunrise. Warmer. 60's due later today.

Last year, we were freezing. It was an extraordinarily cold and wet fall and winter. This year, the doors and windows will be opened to let fresh air flow through the house.

William and Kimberly are in New York for a week. A vacation after months of being on the road with the band. I wish we could be with them. Even with the improvement of my health, I still can't fly, still can't be around groups of people, still no immune system due to the drugs.

Which leads me to jury duty. Remember just a few months ago when Michael was excused because he was the sole support of a disabled wife? Well, I guess they just wanted to be sure he was not lying. I got a jury summons in the mail yesterday. The permanent excuse written by Dr. K. three years ago has, by their rules, expired. I will phone her office on Monday to ask for yet another written doctor's excuse and pick it up on Thursday. Imagine me, with no immune system, sitting in a huge jury room with people who have a cold or flu who must show up then, if picked, sitting for seemingly endless hours in a chair during a trial. I have sat on three juries in my life. Enough.

Which leads me to Thursday. Liver Clinic day. I am nervous to get results of the liver and belly scan. I am also a bit nervous to drive the new car into the city for the first time.

Which leads me to today as we are planning to put the top down on the car and head over the hill. The problem? Now that pumpkin season is over, tourists are now flooding the pass to buy and cut down their own Christmas trees. We may have to take the long way home, which is not a bad thing in a convertible.

No comments: