Monday, December 19, 2011

Busy Sunday-Busier Monday

 The performance went well. There was a nice audience for the entire hour listening to the young violin students and a few of us ringers thrown in for a bit of stability. My bass just loved the acoustics and I had to pull back a bit as I was overwhelming all the violins.

Afterwards, Michael and I drove over the pass and headed for the big mall to shop for ourselves. I found my leather coat and silver necklace and Michael bought his six pairs of Levi 501s. We also bought some very expensive mugs and pot holders at Williams Sonoma. Earlier, I found some gorgeous marble kosher salt and pepper bowls for William. They will be ready for pick up on Tuesday.

We ate two quick appetizers at Max’s Opera Café before heading into the hills towards our wonderful Bella Vista with the huge fireplace and friendly people. Rats! It was closed for a private party so we drove back down the mountain to our home.

We were both tired. It had been a long week.

This morning, we are going to finish our shopping together at Best Buy then I am going to the other rehab, the butcher and Trader Joe’s. Afterwards, I have to write some cards and make three pounds of Sugar Glazed Walnuts for the rehab class RN and Exercise Physiologists for our class on Tuesday.

As of today, all the groceries and gifts will be in the house and ready to go. All the cooking ingredients are ready and waiting. It is going to be a busy week. In order to manage it all, I have lists of things to do. My strategy: a little bit every day spread out through the week. I don't want to get run down and sick for the holidays!

No comments: