Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Positive Changes

It happened yesterday. It happened for a while before I noticed it. It had been years. Many years.

I was up early to UPS the Christmas packages to the relatives then had a great workout at the other rehab. After the butcher, I parked and was walking through the parking lot and across a street to the Trader Joe's. It was there that I noticed.

I was walking at the fastest pace I have walked since I have been sick. Always a fast walker, after becoming ill I had to slow down to adjust for the illness. But, yesterday I felt like I was back to normal for the first time since 2004. It was thrilling. Looking back on the day, I realized then that the entire day was different: I was able to talk while on the treadmill, I had no problems carrying the bags of presents into the UPS store, I had almost run into the butcher shop and finally the full jog across the street to Trader Joe's. All with no sign of shortness of breath.

What is happening to my lungs?

No comments: