Friday, December 9, 2011

Walking Fools

We did it. Last night, we put on layers of clothing and a bit after a light dinner, we hit the streets. Literally. Michael loved his new running shoes and wrapped himself in four layers of clothing while I looked sassy with only three layers but had knit gloves. White gloves. In our neighborhood, there are no sidewalks and no parking is allowed on the streets. So, walking at night can be a bit dicey. When a car tried to pass us, Michael would say, "Jazz hands!" and I would move my white gloves so the car could see us. Made us laugh.

The complex is set up in circles and a few cul de sacs. We hit every only of them, looked at all the Christmas lights and made it back home in 45 minutes. I showed Michael the cool down stretches for his legs so he wouldn't be sore this morning.

We had fun.

This weekend, we plan to walk along the ocean in the daylight. I have a feeling we will walk about an hour. It is so beautiful, crisp and clear this time of year.

Today, Christmas shopping begins after rehab. I want to get Michael's mom's presents and my brother and sister-in-law's presents in the mail on Monday. They are the only ones that need to be shipped. As a special treat, I am making and sending some Baklava to my brother. He loves it so much.

No comments: