Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sunshine Soon


Ever since I lost sixty pounds earlier this year, I have been cold. Instead of my usual avoidance of heat, I have searched it out and reveled in it. As winter nights bring the cold, I have been craving warmth.

Dreaming of Palm Springs, we realized that it was too expensive this time of year so we were considering a trip to Southern California to drive along Highway 1 from Mexico to our home sometime in January. Then the phone rang last evening. It was Sue from our book club. We had the fancy dinner at the Ritz hosted by them a couple of weeks ago at which I mentioned our trip in January.

Sue and Jim phoned from the pool at another of their time shares in Hawaii. They decided to give us one of their weeks at their Palm Desert (near Palm Springs) time share to be used in January as a gift. We were shocked and thrilled. A whole week of sunshine.

Sue wanted to know what dates we are available so she could book it for us. We will get the confirmation in a few days.

What friends. What a gift.

No comments: