Friday, May 2, 2014

Hitting the Road

This will probably be my final blog except for updates from the road. We will have Michael's iPad with us but no access to photos. The plan is to leave here between 4:30 and 5:00 tomorrow morning. First stop? Park City, Utah twelve hours later.

Ron dropped by last night, had a nice chat before picking up the keys to the house. He will also grab our mail everyday. We have some of the best neighbors! Living next door to Ron, Leslie's daughters will be doing the garden watering. So very nice.

The back yard is cut and watered and ready to go. I also cleaned the floors and vacuumed and did the final washing and ironing yesterday. My chair was calling to me in the afternoon and I found myself drifting off to sleep for almost two hours. After yesterday's work, I slept well last night.

Today's plan? The front yard this morning, my fingernails will need painting afterwards, running the dishwasher then unloading it and beginning to pack the car tonight. We are going out to dinner because there is NO food in the house. Fish tacos. 

So, I thought I had everything covered until I suddenly saw a darkness on the street underneath our beautiful stand of birch trees yesterday. Aphids! About once every two to three years, we have to drill stakes around the trunks and insert something to kill the aphids and fertilize the trees. Michael got home from work yesterday and went right to work drilling and inserting the stakes. Also, he had noticed that the metal clasp that holds the roof of the convertible on his side of the car was making a noise and ordered a new part which arrived yesterday. I sat and supervised while he changed the part. Poor guy didn't eat dinner until 7:15! 

So here we go. We are both ready. Wish us luck!

No comments: