Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Post Vacation Weigh-In

This morning, I will be facing the scale after our road trip. I kept dreaming about it last night and it was not good. Visions of fried pickles, one slice of pizza in the car for dinner on day two, bites of french fries, green chili cheeseburgers, bites of desserts, one quarter of a muffaletta and a few more bad things danced across my brain. But, I also have to remember all the great meals, which featured foods that were good for me. All in all, I think I did okay as my smallest clothes are not tight.

The three days of heavy yard work all holiday weekend should help, too!

I find I need a goal (like the road trip) to keep on target and focused when it comes to my diet. This Sunday, we have been invited to a surprise birthday party for our friend, Randy the cop. Well, he is now a 57-year old retired Sheriff who drives a 57 Chevy. Go figure. His wife has put it all together, I am bringing an appetizer for 70 people and we had to write something to put into a memory book. Since we have known him for almost 40 years, it was hard to keep it to one page!

Back to the goal: The twin will be there. I want to look good. During the road trip, I tried to remember that I would not be able to get any weight off in time for this party. It helped.

Once Sunday's goal is past, our dear friend's son is getting married in October and I have the perfect dress for the event. I really need to not gain any weight so I can wear it. The next goal.

So, I am good with the goals through October.

A special shout out to Jeff on the first day of his 51st year. Happy 50 years!

No comments: