Friday, September 24, 2010

Brahms, Beethoven and Copland



















The first orchestra rehearsal for the next concert was Wednesday night. It was great to see everyone and some new faces. I was so energized while playing that it felt like all the synapses were crackling in my brain. I felt smart, agile, athletic and soulful throughout the rehearsal. I also noticed that the old fingers are once again a bit slower as I worked my way back once again. I noticed that I really needed oxygen to haul my lovely bass in and out of the room.

The line up:

Brahms – Symphony #2 in D major which I have played before. Hellish second movement.

Beethoven – Triple Concerto for violin, cello and piano. Piece of cake.

Copland – Outdoor Adventure. I love Copland. It is often so much more difficult to play than what appears on the page at first glance. Ouch. I don't remember ever playing this piece but I won't know for sure until I play it with the orchestra at the next rehearsal.

It was a late night for me. I was tired but my body would not settle. My mind was dancing. I was not able to fall asleep until quite late.

Music truly is the living magic that flows through my body.

No comments: