Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Updates: Wells Fargo, Field Trips, Prednisone, SSI Disability, Road Trip!

Updates:
Wells Fargo phoned to let me know that an apology letter is being sent. Thank you very much.

Our final field trip yesterday with Barbara and her day care kids was extraordinary. It was to an artisan bakery, which produces amazing handmade products with love and thoughtfulness. Michael enjoyed some goodies from the huge gift bag of breads, croutons, cookies and pastry after dinner last night. When our tour guide Mike, one of the three owners, discovered that a Vietnam Vet was with us, they quietly spoke together, the owner walked the Vet out to our car, they shook hands and Mike gave him a sack of goodies to give to one of their neighbor's who recently lost their son in Afghanistan. These are good humans as well as great bakers!

The prednisone is driving me crazy. I am having a hard time sitting still and talking slowly! I am also trying to cool my jets and taking it easy. Also, have a hard time with that. The yards are a mess, I have so much to do yet know that I can't right now. Michael is being kind but I know I am driving HIM nuts!

I received a notice from Social Security Disability yesterday demanding an accounting of my Medicare Set -Aside account. Easy. I received one bill from them, they refunded my money. The only other monies I have spent from the account was copy and postage costs to answer their inquiries about the account. I have just over $1,000 more in it than when I received it back in 2009. The request for accounting is to insure that the money is not being spent inappropriately. So, this morning, that is going into the mail.

We are beginning to watch the weather reports and putting things on Williams bed in preparation of our trip in nine days. I need to have the old toenails painted and my eyebrows waxed before we take off. We are so looking forward to a road trip. From our home to William's city is about 14 hours. Together. In a car. Joyful!

No comments: