Sunday, August 12, 2012

Upcoming ILD Support Group about Lung Transplants

I am so looking forward to the ILD Support Group meeting at my university hospital on Tuesday. Two lung transplant recipients and a caregiver from our group will discuss their experiences with us. This is what I have wanted to hear since the word transplants came out of Dr. K.'s mouth many years ago. I want to hear how the process was from waiting for the beeper to go off to being released from the hospital. I want the non-sugar coated facts.

Also on Tuesday, I will see my friend Marty who is so struggling with a downturn of his Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis. He is the only other person I have met with our disease and I am very concerned about him.

And with joy, I am looking forward to seeing my friend Susan for lunch before the meeting.

On Wednesday, my car will be heading back to the hospital for my clinic appointment with Dr. K. She is not going to be happy with me. Just about two weeks ago, I needed supplemental oxygen in pulmonary rehab once again. Either I have an infection brewing or something kicked in which demanded a response from my immune system causing inflammation. The one thing that knocks down inflammation? Why, more prednisone, of course. YUCK! Here comes fat cheeks again.

But, before all that happens, it has been a very quiet weekend without Michael. Being separated is such a rare event for us. One photo of him was posted by a friend on Facebook. He looked relaxed. This morning, I am meeting Jill and her friends for a long walk along the ocean. Then I will wait to be reunited with Michael and hear all about his adventures over a bowl of chili.

No comments: