Thursday, August 9, 2012

At the Beach

The sun was out by 9:00 yesterday morning. Natalie, Winnie and Oliver arrived at 9:30 and our butts were on the sand at the beach by 10:00. The beach was pristine and empty except a bit down the beach where a large group of kids were working out with the Junior Lifeguard summer program. There was just a gentle breeze coming off the water and we were even entertained by a few pelicans flying by.

Two-year old Oliver was convinced he was in a huge sandbox. He kept walking to one spot, picking up a handful of sand and walking it to another spot to drop it then picking up more...He was very busy. Winnie just ran. She noticed that when she ran, the sand kicked up behind her and imagined she was a super hero.

Natalie and I talked about her new job. I am trying to encourage her to begin now by writing her overarching goals and sample lesson plans so in the midst of their busy lives, it is there at the ready. Her husband has been offered a new job that would also begin in September. So, this September, both of them will have new jobs, Winnie begins kindergarten in a new school and Oliver begins pre-school. It is going to be a crazy year for them!

After noon, we bungled them up and went to lunch together. Afterwards, we all sat in the swing in our yard and had the mini ice cream cups. Oliver ended up wearing a lot of his!

It was a wonderful day for me. Being with this little family makes my heart sing.

My breathing was horrible yesterday and I wore the oxygen during our walk and time at the beach. We are going to see the USS Hornet today with the day care kids and I plan to bring it with me. I hear there are lot of stairs so I will need it. Troubling.

No comments: