Friday, December 7, 2012

Paths

I think I may have made the yoga teacher angry. I wrote an e-mail to her asking if we could meet every two weeks instead of each week due to financial concerns and she responded....nothing. No response. I guess I have to begin to investigate other paths.

Old friends. I am blessed. We have some dear friends who we see maybe just once or twice a year but we seem to pick up where we left off! Nothing has to be explained as they already know the larger story of our lives. And we know theirs. Today, I am having lunch with a woman I knew from the school where I got sick. She had two children there and I was especially close to her son. During the beginning of my illness, when we constricted and had contact with just a small circle of friends, she was there. She refused to back away and sometimes her lunches and coffees were what gave me strength and held me together, though I really don't think she realized it. I always felt stronger and smarter for having shared time with her. This morning, we are meeting for breakfast. Joy.

Betty phoned yesterday to tell me about the Nook. It may be the answer to mom's Christmas present. I am going to take her to Barnes and Noble to have her play with it and get all the information.

Yesterday's morning sonogram on my liver, panaceas, gall bladder and bladder was such fun! It took almost an hour, the technician was very experienced and we had a fun chat. Time flew by. As I had not had dinner the night before due to the late lunch with mom and could not eat breakfast due to the test, I was starved. After grabbing a cup of coffee, I was dreaming of an Egg McMuffin (without the bread and egg yolk), drove to a McDonald's about 45-minutes away but it was too late! I had the grilled chicken sandwich without the bun. It wasn't great but it was good enough to have food in my stomach for my morning pills. A couple of hours later and after running a huge number of errands, I bought a very small container of some great turkey curry at the local organic market. Perfect!

Great weekend ahead. Tonight is the dress rehearsal for Sunday afternoon's concert at the local small mall at the harbor. Tomorrow, I may work in the yards if they are dry enough and the windows really need to be washed. Mom is coming Sunday for lunch then to the concert at 2:00.

And finally, today is Winnie's 6th birthday. So grown up. It has been pure joy watching her grow and I am looking forward to watching her navigate her path in life. Happy birthday to her!

No comments: