Saturday, December 8, 2012

Normal

So this is normal? I had forgotten what normal felt like. The small reduction of prednisone is very noticeable. I am calmer. I am driving slower. I am tired. Last night was another 11 hours of sleeping but it was after a very long week.

The constant need to move and the feeling of being excited all the time is gone. I kind of miss it! Everything feels like a challenge. I am forcing myself to do the gardens and windows today. Hopefully, I can begin the Christmas decorations inside the house this afternoon. Or a nap.

After the sonogram last Thursday, I received an email from the liver doctor that my liver and panaceas were still slightly enlarged and he wanted to talk about it soon. My next appointment is not until May so I will have a bit of a reprieve. I know he is going to want a biopsy. Maybe the reduction of the prednisone will help those overused organs.

I am so glad last week is over. It was too busy - three doctor appointments and two late rehearsals. I was home just an hour yesterday. Crazy.

Fortunately, I have a relatively quiet week ahead. Just one evening rehearsal, rehab, an ILD Support Group meeting and a day of Christmas shopping. Michael and I are going together for an entire day of shopping bliss then it will all be done. After that is finished, I will be able to focus on the menus and food lists for the week before Christmas through post-Christmas breakfast. A lot of cooking! And planning!

In the mean time, I am trying to adjust to all these new feelings. Adjusting to normal.

No comments: