Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Days of Rain and Doctors

After two days off, the rains have returned all day today and should continue through tomorrow. I am on the road early this morning to drive mom to her MRI appointment for her heart. We plan to shop and have lunch afterwards which is just an excuse to be together to talk. We do talk. And laugh. I so treasure these times as I have grown to know her as a person not just a mom. A gift, really.

I have been living the past few days on 12.5mgs of prednisone, the lowest amount in almost eight years. What a difference. I am so much calmer, have less energy but sleeping like a baby. Maybe, just maybe, I can talk Dr. K. into going to 10mgs. My poor, over stressed liver and pancreas would be so much happier.

Speaking of my poor liver, I am scheduled for a very early morning liver sonogram tomorrow in the city. It will determine if the doctor wants to take a biopsy or not. Somehow, I feel a biopsy coming on! For the past two almost three years, I have not had to spend one night in any hospital. I don't want to break my record!

Orchestra rehearsal tonight, dress rehearsal with the little violin kids on Friday night and their concert on Sunday afternoon. Lots to do included decorating for Christmas. And shopping. And planning. Let the fun begin!

No comments: