Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Decorating

Feeling the reduction of the prednisone, I forced myself to clean up the gardens and wash the windows yesterday morning. Afterwards, I sat inside contemplating my choices - decorating for Christmas or a nap. It was with a gentle internal shove that I began putting together one of the two Christmas trees. The little one. When suddenly, someone was at the door. It was Randy, the husband of the woman who as lupus. He drove his father to town to attend a funeral. He had dropped his dad off at former neighbors who invited him to join them. Well, two hours later they phoned to announce they were back home so Randy took off to retrieve his dad. Two hours. I was yawning and no decorating happened but, I had a great time talking while he was here and there was never a moment of silence!

Mom is coming today so I had wanted the house decorated. After he left, I girded myself to begin again. After an hour or so, Michael arrived home exhausted from his day. I put a drink in his hand and a good dinner for his belly then continued to decorate. He put some Christmas CDs in the player and just watched. I noticed that he was drifting off in his chair. I was finally finished at 8:30, we turned everything off and fell into bed. Both of us were exhausted. We slept until 6 this morning.

The concert with the little violin students is this afternoon. I am going over the pass to collect mom, have a bit of lunch together then do the concert. Afterwards, we are coming to the house for cocktails with Michael then we are all going out for some fish tacos before driving mom back home. A busy day.

No comments: