Thursday, December 27, 2012

All's Quiet

My niece Shelley, mom and William
It is quiet again. We served breakfast to my sister's family yesterday including Quiche Lorraine, fruit, Blueberry Coffee Cake, breads, ham and eggs. They headed home and my little family sat in the living room around a warm fire throughout the morning. We finally got dressed and were out the door to my mom's apartment. We bought her a new 26" TV for her bedroom and William set it up. It was her volunteer day at the main branch of her city's library but after the TV as up and running, she arrived home. She was not expecting us and just loved that we were there, had her new TV all ready for her but, most of all, she loved that we sat and chatted for well over an hour.

Kimberly, mom, William
William lives in a state without In-N-Out Burgers and he was dying for a Double Double with Animal Fries. We all hopped in the car, with mom, and drove to one. There we ate and sat and chatted for another hour. Finally, we dropped mom back to her home then drove William and Kimberly to the airport. It had been a wonderful week and we loved having them with us. We arrived back to our house and it was too quiet. Everyone was gone. Just the two of us left.


While we were with mom, she became teary when giving William my parent's wedding bands. She told him that he loved my dad as much as she did and wanted him to have the bands that represented their love. Everyone then became teary. My huge 6'4"son bent down to hold my little 5' mom. It was a very tender moment and one I will never forget.

No comments: