Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lecture on HP and a Biopsy

I received an invitation from my university hospital to attend an hour-long lecture regarding my ILD, Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis, on May 9th. The presenters will be Talmadge E. King Jr and Julius R. Krevans who are major researchers and very highly respected (famous) doctors. Refreshments will follow the lecture. I have an appointment with the Liver Clinic that morning so I will already be on the campus that day. Perfect timing! I will take lots of notes!

For the first time ever, I left the yoga hell class in pretty good shape yesterday. I must be getting used to it or my body is developing muscles to help me through it. In the afternoon, I met with my primary doctor to have her look at a small spot on my chest where I have had lots of sun in the past. It has been red, not bleeding but not healing for almost a month. She numbed the area and cut it out for a biopsy. It was small but I have two stitches!

Michael's new job has really been an adjustment for me. It makes for a long day. I try to stay busy but my eyes drift to the clock beginning around 4:30 expecting him to come through the door. He has made it home by 6:15 the past two days. I slept in this morning because of the late orchestra rehearsal last night and only had about 30 minutes with him before he left. It also has been very weird when he gets home, he is still clean. This has never happened during the past 40 years. I am used to dust and paint and smells. Nothing. I have to admit that I do like that a lot!

Today, I have an appointment for a mammogram then will meet Sherman for the rehab class. It is suddenly wind-free and warm. Finally, it feels like spring. I think I am actually going to wear my shorts today!

No comments: