Saturday, April 27, 2013

More Test Results - BAD

So, I got good results from the recent blood tests for cholesterol, Hep A and liver function but yesterday was not a good day. The results from the Hepatitis B antibody test came back that I do not have immunity against it. This is after a series of three vaccines.

I met with my primary doctor in the afternoon to have the two stitches removed from the little red spot biopsy. I asked about the Hep B test, she looked at the numbers (thank goodness for cell phones) and she said she had never seen this happen. Why didn't the vaccines work? We agreed that I would speak with the liver doctor during my appointment a week from Thursday to see what he recommends. A booster? Another full series of shots?

Mine looked a bit like this
And here is the really bad news: The biopsy of the little red spot came back as a Basil Cell Carcinoma. A cancer caused by long-term sun exposure. It was very new, we just missed getting every little bit of it so I have to have more removed. The doctor had already sent the biopsy results and request for a dermatologist to my university hospital. I need an all-over-the-body exam to make sure I have no other issues. No other little red spots. No weird moles.

More doctors. Great (sarcasm!)


No comments: