Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Facing the Music, Again

There was a tiny slice off of an end of a delicious ham at the butcher's yesterday. All of $2.00. Michael has it cooking in a pan right now, the smells are delightful and I think I must have some for breakfast along with a bowl of vegetables. Ham was one of the lean breakfast foods my nutritionist suggested. My Easter dress was fine but I felt it did not fit as well as it should have. Thus, I am back REALLY watching every mouthful of food I put into my body for the entire month. That is all it will take. Just a month.

In my mind, my diet is a continuum and where my clothing fits determines where I am on that continuum. So the plan includes more veggies, three ounces of protein instead of four, no extra nuts in the afternoon, lots of water and nothing at all between meals.

The other focus is to make sure I exercise everyday. It has been difficult with so many early morning doctor appointments for mom the past several weeks but now, I am back.

It has been two years since I lost the prednisone weight and I really don't want to have to lose it again. My job is to make sure I don't do anything crazy, just a steady focus, day after day and it will be done. I began two days ago and I can already feel a difference.

My many thanks to you, dear Reader, for make March my best blogging month ever.

No comments: