Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Breathing Well into the Day

My yoga hell class is less than an hour away and the goal is to not twist my knee again. It is not 100% but it is mostly healed from two weeks ago. I usually crawl home and recover for most of the afternoon. There is an orchestra rehearsal tonight so I have to be mentally sharp.

Michael's sister, Anna messaged yesterday that she had hurt her back and she was just so tired. Maybe a bit of depression is involved and she needs a bit of a lift so I invited her up for a visit. I'll haul her to my yoga class!

There is wet, drippy fog this morning and rain is due tomorrow. It should all clear for our company on Saturday evening. This is the most social we have been in weeks.

We finally heard from William, who has been super busy with rehearsals in Burbank and now packing for an international summer tour beginning this weekend. They are one of the headliners of the huge Coachella Music Festival near Palm Springs. We are looking forward to seeing him when they are in our area in August.

I continue to breathe well and really have ended my coughing fits, which is such a relief. My numbers in rehab are good and stable. The only thing I worry about is my poor abused liver from nine years of prednisone. I am scheduled to see the doctors at the Liver Clinic in May and just know that they are going to recommend a biopsy. The worry is the possibility of inflammation, which would mean I have non-alcoholic cirrhosis. Deadly. That would mean that I have a lung disease and never smoked, a plastic nose disk and never did drugs and maybe cirrhosis of the liver and I never drink. I have all the damage and none of the fun!

But for today, I will sweat in yoga and love playing with the orchestra this evening after dinner with Michael. A pretty perfect day.

No comments: