Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hello Hernia!

It was a rough night. I coughed on and off until 2:30AM when I finally got up and went into the family room. The recliner allowed me to sit straight up and the coughing stopped. Michael, on the other hand, coughed throughout the night. He is staying home again today. Naps all around!

After I got the last shot into my lower stomach to prevent blood clots while in the hospital, it has continued to be sore. I thought that maybe they hit a muscle instead of fat. It hurt every time I coughed and felt like something was ripping. Now I have to support that area while coughing or it REALLY hurts and I don't think it was the shot. Yes, I think I have a hernia from coughing too hard. Another thing to talk to Dr. K. about when I see her on Wednesday.

The goal this morning is to gather enough strength to shower, dress then go into town for a hair cut after lunch. And make dinner. With both of us ill, it comes down to the basics in life: food, showers and sleep. (And getting my roots done!) Nothing else matters. We both are not in the mood to talk with anyone on the phone. Just don't have the energy.

No comments: