Saturday, September 7, 2013

Horrible Night

I felt fantastic yesterday. Almost normal. After a good Starbucks run, my cough subsided and I felt...good. Mom had her very minor eye surgery, which was fast, we went to lunch and ate outside while watching the world go by. It was so nice. I drove mom home, hit Trader Joe's, drove over the pass to find that it was about 80 degrees here by the ocean. So rare. Too hot!

While doing four loads of wash, I made dinner featuring medallions of pork tenderloin wrapped in a piece of cooked bacon and a salad. With that done and in the refrigerator, I began the chocolate cake for today. While it cooled, I made a ganache then pour it over the cake and cooled it for two hours. Later in the evening, the pralines were hot and ready to be poured over the ganache. It is ready for our party over the pass tonight where it is going to be in the mid-90s. I am going to bring my supplemental oxygen as I just don't breathe well in the heat.

Around 7:30 last night, Michael took off with our neighbor Ron for a fantastic concert featuring Wayne Hancock. He had read about a very famous young guitarist and recognized him on the stage last night. Said he was outrageous. He didn't get home until around 1AM.

In the meantime, I could not sleep. Every time I started to relax into sleep, horrible noises escaped from my chest and I continued to cough all night. I slept very little and ended up on my recliner in the family room. I am stiff, sore, tired and still coughing this morning. I feel horrible. I am hoping once I am up and moving that I will feel better, able to sleep a few hours this afternoon and still make the small dinner party tonight. Oh, I also need to iron Michael's shirts and my outfit for tonight after going to the bank this morning....

No comments: