Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hitting Bottom

I hit bottom last evening on the way home from seeing Dr. K., my lung doctor. Overwhelmed with the latest health issues and sitting in massive traffic jams, I felt the tears beginning. Finally breaking through traffic, I had to pick up new prescriptions at CVS where I waited 45-minutes for the order to be filled. This was after they had received it two hours earlier. I was done. I was almost sleeping on my feet while I waited. Finally, I got home at 7PM. I was totally spent.

The news: I have a full blown cold, severe bronchitis and she confirmed that I have a hernia from coughing so hard with the pneumonia. She sent a referral to a surgeon to repair the hernia as soon as possible. Great. Another surgery. She prescribed Tessalon Perle three times a day to try to control my continuing cough and Doxycycline to help the bronchitis.

I didn't sleep well again last night. I don't know why, the cough was a bit under control with the help of the new drug and I was tired. Maybe overly tired.

Again, I see a long recovery ahead. I realize when I hit bottom it is because I am so very sick of being sick. I want my life back and it appears that is going to take a lot more time. This is a lesson in patience.

No comments: