Friday, September 20, 2013

Glorious Sleep

I need to write it: "I love Dr. K.!" When she asks, things happen. When working with a huge system like my university hospital, things can fall through cracks, it usually takes time for a new patient appointment so one must work on patience. Not with Dr. K.'s name attached to a referral! The day after it was sent to a specific surgeon to address my new hernia, I received a phone call to schedule the pre-op appointment for NEXT TUESDAY! Wow. That was quick! They also emailed paperwork to complete and bring to the appointment. Within minutes, I was able to fill in all the blanks on all the forms and everything is ready to go. Love that.

The medication to help control my coughing so I am able to sleep has kicked in as well. For the first time in weeks, I stayed in bed all night. No recliner! After six hours of sleep, I was awake for about two hours before drifting back to sleep for another three hours. That is the most sleep I have had in such a long time. I did awaken with pain on my left side about two ribs down - I think I pulled a muscle while coughing last night. Hopefully, it will go away later today.

My secret plan: I am going to try to cut the grass today. The rains are due tonight and the grass has not been cut in two weeks. I am itching to get out there. I will wear my oxygen and a mask and only cut the grass. No trimming. No weeding. Nothing but the grass. Michael is not going to be happy!

No comments: