Friday, September 13, 2013

Needing Time to Recover

Oh, this is going to take time. I see very slow progress everyday but at least it is progress! The coughing is lessening a bit everyday though I still go through bouts of coughing so hard, I am left shaking. There is no way I could do some food shopping right now as the energy it takes to shuttle them into the house then to put it all away is beyond me now. Maybe next week. Hopefully, next week.

While in the hospital, I was given a shot everyday to lessen the chance of blood clots into the fat on my lower stomach area. It hurt. It hurt going it. It hurt afterwards. The last shot bled for a bit and even now when I cough, that one still hurts a lot. There are little black bulls eyes where I was injected. Three little black areas. It is amazing how much it still hurts!

I am showering before driving over the pass to take mom to her post op eye appointment this afternoon. It is on a campus far from her home and difficult for her to access as she would have to get on a freeway. That is not good for anyone!

It is odd what I have had to change due to this bout of pneumonia: I had an appointment on Wednesday with the dermatologist to check some bumps on my legs. There is no way I could drive the hour of heavy traffic, endure the stress of finding close parking and the long hilly trail to the building for this appointment. Cancelled. Looking into next week, I had scheduled a dental appointment for teeth cleaning. There is no way I could lay flat without coughing for 45-minutes. Cancelled.

What I didn't change is a hair appointment. The roots need some attention.

It is hard to look out into my beloved gardens to see them in need of attention. My fingers itch to trim errant growth, pull some weeds and cut the grass. Not going to happen soon.

At dinner last night, I reminded Michael that this is short term. I will be back. It will take some time but I didn't want him to worry that this is permanent. I feel very needy as there is not a lot I can do on my own right now. Not a comfortable position to be in for me.

It is all going to take some time.

No comments: