Saturday, September 21, 2013

Downtime for Both of Us

Michael is not getting better. He is coughing, has a horrible sounding voice, is tired and just not well. We are on hold on the phone waiting for the advice nurse right now and will probably have to make the long drive to his hospital's emergency room.

I slept well last night and awoke around 3AM with a cough that persisted on and off until 7 this morning. But I slept and feel rested and stronger this morning. It is expected to rain today but there is a beautiful morning sun shining through the clouds.

The advice nurse just told us it is just a cold and a virus but is writing a prescription for something to help him sleep at night. No emergency room visit. Now I am having a problem with him not STAYING HOME! He thinks he is going over the hill to do some things. I am begging him to stop and to let his body heal. Men!

Yesterday, I received an email from Dr. K. reporting that the surgeon for my hernia requested an ultrasound before our appointment. With the magic of one of the women in her office, I got an emergency appointment on Monday at 9AM. I am seeing the surgeon on Tuesday at 9:30AM.

Monday after the ultrasound, I am planning to spend some time with mom. She is so lonely without me! We'll have a nice lunch and do some food shopping. Not too much.

But for the weekend? Downtime for both of us. Lots of rest. Lots of TV. Lots of naps. I live an exciting life!

No comments: