Friday, December 11, 2009

Colds

As mentioned before, a cold can be dangerous especially if it moves into my lungs. I have not had a cold since 2003 but it has not been easy.

All friends and relatives know not to come to our house if there is even a hint of a cold coming on. Everyone washes their hands when they arrive.

When we go anywhere, we don’t touch anything. I bring my own pen to write checks, don’t hold handrails on escalators or open any door without fabric (scarves or a sleeve are great in a pinch). We use Purel whenever we return to the car then wash our hands when we get home.

It has worked.

If Michael feels a cold coming on, we sleep in separate rooms.

If I feel a cold coming on, I go into attack mode:

  • Take Airborne every 3 hours
  • Take Zicam every 3 hours
  • Take an antihistamine at nighttime
  • Rub Vick Vapor Rub on the bottom of my feet, wear old socks and go to bed.
  • The next morning, all the symptoms are gone. I continue the Airborne the next day then add everything else for night #2. I continue the Airborne on day #3 then I am done.

The cold is gone.

The trick is to jump on it immediately at first sneeze. Try it!

Next: Wonderful Dr. K.

No comments: