Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Rehab Luncheon


A few years ago, I arranged luncheons for all of the rehab class ladies at local restaurants. For some reason, we have not had a luncheon for over a year. Kathy, at rehab, suggested that we all get together before the holiday.
We also invited the boys of rehab.
Dick asked if I would wear a skirt. I told him I would wear a skirt if he wore shorts. We both did.
The luncheon was at an old diner that has been the same for 50 years: same wood paneling, same wooden chairs and tables and same menu. Why mess with success?
It is the kind of place that Guy from the Food Network would visit on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. The food was very inexpensive and a good Americana menu. Most ordered Swedish pancakes or eggs.
I, of course, had chili.
It was a lovely luncheon and great to talk with everyone outside the gym.
The funniest thing that happened was that one of the women made a comment with the assumption that Dick and I are MARRIED!! I will never live that down!! Dick laughed so hard and loved it. Instead of being called his adopted daughter, I am now the new wife!
My life will never be the same!!
I got off the elevator at the other rehab on Monday and there he was waiting for me. He makes the most amazing antipasti of olives and other vegetables and was dropping off a large jar as my present. He gave me the recipe years ago but it is very expensive to make. So sweet of him!
We laughed again about being his new wife!
Next: Christmas Eve

No comments: