Friday, December 18, 2009

Pretending

Michael has a really good friend who has had us over to their house for dinner many times. He phoned from their house one beautiful summer afternoon to say he invited them to dinner.

Normally, no problem but I was in an energy saving mode to see our son work a concert the following evening. Michael knew that but really wanted these people to dinner and conveniently forgot I was ill. Worse, they had never been to the house so I felt the need to spiff it up.

He told me they were coming without even asking. I was not happy. I cut the grass and then ran to the store for food. They arrived. It was great. They were lovely. I was totally exhausted. I have never been angrier with Michael. He really wanted them to our house but he had no regard for my health.

The next night, we went to the concert. It was great but finished very late, long ride home and I became sick. It took weeks to recover. There are consequences to pretending.

Next: Blog about Blog

No comments: