Monday, December 7, 2009

Prayers

It is amazing how many total strangers who learn that I am sick will very quietly tell me that they will pray for me. To name a few: a woman at the counter at the drug store, a checker at Safeway, a nurse at the clinic. The person that has touched me the most is a parking garage attendant at the university hospital.

My car is a rare automobile and he asked me about it the first time I went through his line. Later, after a tough appointment, he asked how I was and I told him the truth. “I will pray for you,” he said very quietly. He really meant it.

We have become friends. He even knows Michael now. He knew every time I was going to have surgery or was in the hospital and even told Michael that he was praying for me. Afterwards, when we saw each other again, he always asked for the latest updates.

This guy sees hundreds of people in cars everyday.

I am so touched that he remembers me and cares. I’ll take all prayers I can get!

Next: The Planets Aligned

No comments: