Wednesday, February 24, 2010

No Jinx, I Hope!

I have been weighing whether I should even write this blog or not. I may jinx it. Okay, here it goes:

I feel great.

It began to change after meeting with the doctors about my acid reflux and the problems after my Nissan surgery. We fixed the problems. When I met with Dr. K. last fall after all the issues were addressed, my DLCO had changed from 10 to a record breaking 13!

Since then, I seem to be feeling better and better.

This terrifies me!

As I have a chronic disease – “What goes up must come down.” I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop. Instead, I keep feeling better. I am breathing better and my stamina is better. I can even inhale longer.

Just better.

In my rehab class, my normal saturation rate on two liters of oxygen on the treadmill is 91%. It has been up to 92% lately. This is very rare!

My saturation rate on the recumbent bike has gone from a normal 92% on two liters to 93-94%. The normal numbers are changing. That is good.

I wonder if my recent weight loss may be part of this pattern. I can’t wait to see Dr. K. in May and have a test for my DLCO. I think it is going up.

Who would have thought that the fumes from the acid reflux going into my lungs at night could do so much damage? Or, is something else driving this?

No comments: