Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oklahoma!

It happened again this morning. Michael tends to take a little while to wake up in the morning but with a few sips of a good cup of coffee, he is ready to go.

I, on the other hand, am nothing but fully awake and full of sunshine the moment my feet hit the floor.

It drives him crazy.

When we were both working really hard, we would be in our bathroom getting ready for work. He would be shaving and I would be at my sink. I would start to sing show tunes.

6:00 in the morning. Show tunes.

I would begin a song then pause with a hand out for him to take it and sing the next line. He had learned a lot of show tunes!

One morning, I guess the coffee was not quite strong enough.

Out of my mouth came a loud:

OOOk-lahoma! Where the winds come whipping down the plain,

And the waving wheat can sure smell sweet,

When the wind comes right behind the raaaain!

“Take it!”

Nothing.

I said, “We’ll being again.” And did. At the same spot, I said, “Take it!”

He paused in his shaving, looked over at me and said,

“Happy morning people like you should be shot.”

It has become a classic in our house.

I now don’t push the singing until later in the day.

Next: Friends at Rehab

No comments: