Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bruised

I was working in the gardens, looked down an evening later and there, on a knuckles of my right hand, was a big bruise. It is a bruise but it doesn’t look like a normal one as it is a deep maroon in color and it stays a long time.

Funny, every one in rehab has the same bruises. Some are worse than others. Because of the medications and the thinning of the skin as one gets older, we are all full of these horrible looking bruises. Sherman often has a Band-Aid on his as just a good bump breaks the skin as well as creating a really ugly bruise.

Sometimes I look like I have been beaten: bruises on my shoulder (where I just bumped the corner of the car door), on my legs (where I bump the equipment at the gym) and my hands (whenever I do anything).

Ah, the joys of getting older! Wait a minute. Thank goodness I am getting older!

No comments: