Monday, September 24, 2012

CT Scan Results and a Fly By



I had the CT Scan at 8:00AM Friday which meant leaving home at 6:30. So early but Friday light traffic made it an easy drive. Thankfully. The CT Scan really takes just minutes. Afterwards, I was approaching the elevator to go to the blood draw area and there she was. Dr. K. arriving to work. We shared the elevator, she asked how I was, I responded that I had sent an e-mail to her Friday evening; she told me she would reply after seeing the CT results.

So there I sat for almost an hour while waiting for my number to be called for a fasting blood tests for cholesterol and thyroid levels for Dr. M.

While sitting and waiting, I swear I saw and chatted with over a dozen people I knew; everyone one from doctors to people working in the clinics. It was fun and made the time fly.

I left the hospital around 9:30 and got to my mom’s at 10:15. It was going to be a big day in the Bay Area. The last flight of the Space Shuttle was making its final fly by from Edward’s Air Force Base in the Southern California desert to Travis Air Force Base in the East Bay, then a few passes over the Golden Gate Bridge where it then headed south to Moffitt Field near Palo Alto.

Mom’s apartment was going to be right under the flight path. We heard on the news how close it was getting, ran to the car and drove up the hill. Then suddenly, there it was, flying right over our heads. It was HUGE. It was thrilling. It was something we will never forget. We looked at each other just repeating, “Wow!” So cool.

I needed food. Fasting blood tests. No coffee or breakfast. Now it was lunchtime. Serious food. We did a quick look for a dress at Anthropologies before lunch on the Avenue. Fresh turkey slices on greens with beets, carrot salad, cranberries, cucumbers and a half of a hard-boiled egg. A big lunch for me. It as exactly what I needed.

I checked my iPhone to find this e-mail from Dr. K:

Here is what the radiologist said about the CT Scan from today: Unchanged bilateral diffuse reticulation, traction bronchiectasis
and air trapping, consistent with hypersensitivity pneumonitis

I selected levaquin for the current antibiotic; 500 mg/day for 7 days.

At least it is not pneumonia but my over 6-week outing with acute bronchitis continues. What I am worried about is if this is the natural progression of the disease or if it be cleared up with the new antibiotics. Fingers are crossed for the latter. It is keeping me up nights worrying about it.

So, still no rehab yet. I really miss it. I am not feeling any better after three days of taking the new drug. Nervous.

No comments: