Thursday, September 13, 2012

Visits


I am stumbling around in a bit of a daze at the moment after sleeping just over 12 hours last night! I feel a bit goofy! Mom and I drove back to her hometown 100 miles away then north another thirty minutes to visit my dad. She likes to change the flowers on the crypt and to clean the name plate. She also gave the marble a quick kiss goodbye. We then drive to another area of the cemetery to clean a bronze plate she had made in memory of her brother, who died in Germany in WWII. More cleaning.

We drove back to her old area to visit her friend Ellie. She and mom just hugged and hugged and it was so clear that they both deeply missed each other. I kept quiet while they talked. Mom also shared the photos from Shelley's wedding with her. It was a quick hour before we had to leave to meet six other dear friends for lunch.

What a lunch. One of the problems with eating my diet is Chinese food. The other is Italian food! We met at a lovely Chinese restaurant with gorgeous Chinese watercolors on the walls and a classical piano CD playing softly in the background. The portions are nice and small and there is very little oil used. The entire group has been eating there every week for years. The owner just asks what they all wish and makes it. No menus. It was absolutely delicious. 

 It was a quick 100 mile drive home. No drama though I did arrive home with a hoarse voice! Mom and I talked the entire day! There was never a moment of silence.

The appliance drama continues. The electricians are here as I write but we still need Wayne to bring some kind of coupling so we can connect the gas for the oven tonight. The possibility of homemade food is in our near future.

No comments: