Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cleaning, Organizing and Breathing

It was a day of organizing and cleaning. House and garden. It began with paperwork for the appliance rebates and continued to medical test paperwork. I read the entire book about how to clean and cook with the new oven/stove. The test will be today when I use the convection oven to bake the baklava for William and I decided to send an additional package of the gooey good stuff to my brother. For dinner, I'll try cooking the stuffed zucchini. We'll see how I do...still a bit nervous.

I hit the gardens after lunch beginning with a quick cut, blow and watering in the front before getting serious in the back yard. The huge Burmese Trumpet Vine needed massive trimming and I filled two huge buckets for disposal in the garden bin. After filling the bucket two more times with other trimmings, I cleaned it all up then watered everything really well. While working in the garden, I also had the dishwasher going and loads of laundry, which I folded and transferred loads between trips of dumping the garden waste.

Then, I noticed the windows. Then, I washed all the windows, which is a big deal. The entire back of the house are windows and glass doors.

Several hours later, I was finished but I noticed that I wasn't totally exhausted. I was wearing my oxygen backpack while working, along with a mask, and felt pretty good afterwards. I also noticed that my face is really exploding in roundness from the huge prednisone dosage and my waist feels like it is exploding, too! I need to get back to rehab. The orders for the CT Scan are near the phone so the appointment can be made first thing in the morning.

My brother phoned to let us know that Betty was having a CT Scan yesterday to determine if she is well enough to be released from the hospital, a week after surgery for burst appendix. Last evening, they were still waiting to hear from the doctor. Nothing moves slower than medicine and law.

No comments: